Exeter Diocesan Prayer Diary
1. At the beginning of Eating Disorder awareness week and on Self Harm awareness day, we pray for those people in our own communities who are suffering with an eating disorder or who are self-harming. May they be met with understanding, wisdom and compassion from those around them, and may they reach out and accept help in the coming weeks.
2. For the Whiddon Mission Community, their clergy Paul Seaton-Burn, Nick Weldon, Mark Neave, Harriet Every, and Rita Bullworthy, their Lay Worker Wes Cutler, their readers Kay Pyne and Jill Hobbs, and for all who live and worship in Spreyton, South Tawton, Sampford Courtenay, North Tawton, Honeychurch, Hittisleigh, Gidleigh with Throwleigh, Drewsteignton, Chagford and Bondleigh.
9. For the Ashburton & Moorland Mission Community, their clergy Mark Rylands and Geoffrey Fenton, their Mission and Family Development Worker, Heidi Lewis, and for all who live and worship in Widecombe in the Moor with Postbridge, Leusdon, Holne with Huccaby, and Ashburton with Buckland in the Moor and Bickington.
10. In our link with the Diocese of Thika in Kenya, we give thanks for recent good rains and pray for farmers preparing the land and hoping for adequate rain in the next rainy season to produce a good harvest. Pray for the development of more resilient farming methods to cope with the changing climate which makes the seasons unpredictable.
13. For the Bideford and the Four Villages Mission Community, their clergy Claire Rose-Casemore, Marisa Cockfield, Chris Hutchins and Robin Pirrie, their reader Sarah Cordingley, and for all who live and worship in Weare Giffard, Monkleigh, Littleham, Landcross and Bideford.
14. On Mothering Sunday, we thank God for the love of our mothers and the blessing they are to us. We pray for those who are grieving their mothers and for those who are struggling because they have no children; may they know the deep and comforting love of God in their lives. We thank you for the work of the Home for Good adoption and fostering charity.
15. In our link with the Diocese of Bayeux-Lisieux in France, pray for the Cathedral at Bayeux, for the parishes, their clergy and people in the area of Bayeux. We also pray for their recently appointed Bishop Jacques Habert, that his ministry may be a blessing to all.
16. On Young Carers Action Day we pray for all young people in our communities who care for parents and siblings and who carry a burden of care beyond their years. May their skills and experience lead them to bright and exciting futures.
17. For the Axe Valley Mission Community, their clergy Clive Sedgewick, Nicky Davies, Cate Edmonds, Tracey Voysey, Shuna George, their reader Su Clark, and for all who live and worship in Uplyme, Membury, Combpyne with Rousdon, Chardstock St Andrew, Axmouth, Axminster and All Saints.
18. For the Barnstaple Mission Community, their clergy David Fletcher, Guy Chave-Cox, Paul Taylor, Cathy Scoffield, Marion Sanders and Shirley Paterson, their readers Joanna Pay and Peter Nott, and for all who live and worship in Sticklepath with Roundswell, Pilton with Ashford, Newport, Goodleigh, Bishops Tawton, Barnstaple St Peter and St Mary Magdalene and Barnstaple Holy Trinity.
19. May Red Nose Day bring joy and laughter to us all and may the campaign bring meaningful change as it aims to tackle homelessness, hunger, domestic abuse and mental health stigma.
20. For all the Rural Deans in Devon, may their lives and ministries be blessed and may they have the enthusiasm and strength to keep serving God in a real and powerful way.
21. In our link with Melanesia we pray for Rev’d Arthur Stanley Abui as he becomes the fourth Bishop for the Diocese of Hanuato’o in Makira Ulawa Province today. For his wife Rebecca Abui and their four children.
22. For the Beacon Parishes Mission Community, their priest Andrew Down, their reader Hillarie Griggs, and for all who live and worship in Woodland, Ipplepen with Torbryan, Denbury and Broadhempston.
24. In our link with the Diocese of Cyprus and the Gulf we pray for the Anglican Churches in Qatar and thank God for their effective ministry on YouTube and Facebook, which has significantly extended their congregations, with people participating throughout Doha, the Middle East, and around the world.
25. On Annunciation Day, when the angel Gabriel told Mary she would have a son, we remember the faith and strength showed by Mary, and pray that we too may have the faith and strength to follow God’s plan for us.
28. For the Buckland Monachorum Mission Community, their clergy Andy Bowden and Andrew Farmer, their readers Mark Smith, Angela Smith and Paul Nixon, and for all who live and worship in Buckland Monachorum.
29. For the Central Exeter Mission Community, their priest Sheila Swarbrick, and for all who live and worship in Central Exeter.
30. For the Clyst Mission Community, their clergy Wiz Slater, Bernard Lane, Adrian Hough and Lythan Nevard, and for all who live and worship in Sowton, Rockbeare, Pinhoe, Clyst Honiton and Broadclyst.
31. For the Coast & Combe Mission Community, their clergy Peter Churcher, John Roles, Giles King-Smith and Ann Lewis, their reader Sally-Ann Molligoda, and for all who live and worship in Woolacombe, Lee, Mortehoe, St Philip and St James Ilfracombe, Holy Trinity and St Peter’s Ilfracombe, Combe Martin, Bittadon and Berrynarbor.
Information included in this prayer diary is taken from the diocesan database, where people have given us permission to do so, and was accurate at the time of publication. If there are any changes please email firstname.lastname@example.org