Exeter Diocesan Prayer Diary
1. For all those people who are affected by alcohol abuse. Lord, give strength of conviction to those starting a Dry January today.
2. For the Saint Peter and the Holy Apostles Mission Community, their clergy David Way, David Watson and for all who live and worship in Plymouth St Peter and the Holy Apostles.
3. As school pupils and staff return after the holidays, pray for them and for the work of all our school, college and university chaplains and all those whom offer pastoral support to schools. Pray for Megan Snell and team at Exeter College.
4. For the South Dartmoor Mission Community, their priest Denis Robinson, Reader Tricia Stringer and for all who live and worship in Sparkwell, Ivybridge, Harford and Cornwood.
5. For the Sampford Peverell Mission Community, their priest Glyn Lewry, Reader Mandy Lewry and for all who live and worship in Uplowman, Sampford Peverell, Holcombe Rogus, Hockworthy, Halberton and Burlescombe.
6. In our link with Thika we are asked to pray for Stephen Nduati, Archdeacon of Cathedral Archdeaconry, the clergy and people of St Andrew’s Cathedral. Swani and Thungururu parishes where ‘Umoja’ Church and Community Development process is enabling sustainable development. The parishes in the very dry areas which struggle to maintain any kind of progress.
7. For the Seaton and Beer Coastal Mission Community, their clergy Jeremy Trew, Simon Hitchcock and for all who live and worship in Seaton and Beer.
8. For the Shaldon Mission Community, their priest Annie Church, Reader Hugh McCormick and for all who live and worship in Stokeinteignhead, Shaldon, Haccombe and Combeinteignhead.
9. Pray for our Archdeacons, for all they do to support and encourage the life of our churches and communities around our diocese: Archdeacon of Barnstaple Mark Butchers, Archdeacon of Exeter Andrew Beane, Archdeacon of Plymouth Nick Shutt and Archdeacon of Totnes Douglas Dettmer.
10. For the Sherford Church of England Community Church Mission Community, Priest Tob Brassil, Reader Andrew Williams and for all who worship there.
11. For the Shirwell Mission Community, their clergy Rosie Austin, Martin Tyrrell and for all who live and worship in Stoke Rivers, Shirwell, Loxhore, Kentisbury, East Down with Arlington, Challacombe and Bratton Fleming.
13. For the Sid Valley Mission Community, their clergy David Caporn, Annita Denny, Readers Carolyn Croft, Elizabeth Harris, John Dunster, Carole Hawkins, Peter Scott and for all who live and worship in Woolbrook, Sidmouth, Sidbury with Sidford, Salcombe Regis and All Saints Sidmouth.
14. For the Silverton Mission Community, their priest Thom Thompson and for all who live and worship in Silverton, Cadeleigh, Butterleigh and Bickleigh.
15. For the South Molton Mission Community, their clergy Michael Grandey, David Coleman, Christopher Pouncey, Lynn Flatt, Readers John Cundill, Deborah Bayliss and for all who live and worship in Warkleigh with Satterleigh, South Molton with Nymet Saint George, Kingsnympton, Filleigh, Chittlehampton with Umberleigh and Chittlehamholt.
16. For the Start Bay Mission Community, Readers Ken Ball, Andy McMullin and for all who live and worship in South Pool, Slapton, East Portlemouth, Chivelstone and Charleton with Buckland-Tout-Saints.
17. For the Stokenham Mission Community, their clergy Michael Berrett and for all who live and worship in Stokenham with Sherford and Beesands.
18. For our bishops Robert, Nick and Jackie and for diocesan staff, that they may have vision and energy for the year ahead.
19. For the Tamar Mission Community, their priest Andy Atkins, Reader Rosie Woodcock and for all who live and worship in Thrushelton, Stowford, Milton Abbot with Dunterton, Marystowe, Lifton, Lew Trenchard, Lamerton with Sydenham Damerel, Kelly with Bradstone, Coryton and Broadwoodwidger.
20. In our link with the Diocese of Bayeux-Lisieux in France, we are asked to pray in this Week of Prayer for all ecumenical prayer meetings in Normandy. For those involved in an exchange of preachers.
21. Pray for all clergy attending a retreat day titled: Cheer up and tell your face. A Christian approach to generosity. That it may be an enriching and encouraging time.
22. For all those attending and leading safeguarding training today in Exeter and 29th in Plymouth.
23. For the Tamerton Foliot and Southway Mission Community, their clergy David Gill, Iain Robertson and for all who live and worship in Tamerton Foliot and Southway.
24. For the Tavy Mission Community, their clergy Chris Hardwick, Sean Brassil, Sue Tucker, Michael Loader, Miranda Donne, Judith Blowey, Readers Hazel Butland, Anne de Looy, Sue Allerton, Christopher Pancheri, Sally Pancheri, Anne Palfrey and for all who live and worship in Whitchurch, Tavistock, Peter Tavy, Mary Tavy, Gulworthy and Brent Tor.
25. In our link with the Diocese of Cyprus and Gulf we pray for Mission to Seafarers in Cyprus. The mission serves all who venture on the oceans of the world by offering care and service to all in need who visit this island regardless of nationality or faith.
26. In our link with Melanesia we hold in our prayers the Anglican Province of Melanesia, which was inauguraed 45 years ago today, Archbishop Leonard and the nine Bishops, priest, catechists, laity and all the church family.
27. For the Teign Valley and Haldon Hill Mission Community, their priest Ruth Frampton and for all who live and worship in Dunsford, Dunchideock, Doddiscombsleigh, Christow, Bridford and Ashton.
28. Pray for all our hospital chaplains and in particular for co-ordinating chaplain Julie Cartwright and team at Barnstaple Hospital.
29. For the Three Rivers Mission Community, their priest David Sayle and for all who live and worship in Ugborough, Saint Peter Harbertonford, Moreleigh, Harberton, Halwell, Ermington and Diptford with North Huish.
30. On Young Carers Awareness Day we pray for all those children and young people who have to shoulder more responsibility than they should for their age. Lord, we ask that you uphold them as they show love to their family members, and that you may bless them with joy in their own lives.
31. For the Three Wells Mission Community, priest Michael Wilkie, Readers John Dunn, Ruth Bettesworth, Ian Firth and for all who live and worship in Kingskerswell, Coffinswell and Abbotskerswell.
Information included in this prayer diary is taken from the diocesan database, where people have given us permission to do so, and was accurate at the time of publication. If there are any changes please email email@example.com